Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Window Cleaner




Yesterday I spent the morning washing all my outside windows using a squeegee, bucket and the following ingredients: 1/2 C. Vinegar, 2 T. Corn Starch , 1/2 C. Ammonia and one gallon warm water. My windows came out clean and it was much cheaper than using a store bought cleaner.


You may be wondering why corn starch? Well, it is the key ingredient to making your windows sparkle! Now, I just read you should never mix Vinegar and Ammonia together because they cancel each other out. I don't know if that is true, because my windows came out really clean, but next time I will try using one or the other and see how I like the end result. Also, you will not want to add corn starch to anything you might want to store, like a spray bottle, as it will start to smell.










No comments:

Post a Comment