Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Baby Cakes

I first saw these adorable Baby Cakes when a friend of mine made them and then found them on pinterest with instructions. Basically, you just take a receiving blanket, onesie or burp cloth and fold it into a strip and then roll. Put it into a coffee filter and hold in place with a rubber band. Cover rubber band with a ribbon.

These are for the newly expecting mom's in my MOPS group, so I made them all gender neutral, as no one would know the sex of their baby so early on. I originally made them just like this picture,
but then decided that they needed something more. So I went ahead and made cupcake toppers for them. I put mine in a cupcake/muffin pan, but if I was throwing a baby shower, I would arrange them on a treat stand and then display them on the desert table.
An up-close picture of the cupcake topper.

No comments:

Post a Comment