Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Cowboy Table Centerpieces

If you read my post yesterday, than you have seen some of these die cuts before. Before I put them into picture frames and hung them on my son's wall, they were used as decorations for his party. Such a simple way to decorate and better yet, I can re-use the hay bales for October/November months!

Here is how I made them. I bought straw hay bales at Michael's, wrapped red/white gingham ribbon around them and fastened the ribbon with quilting needles. Then I cut up bunches of silk flowers and stuck them in the hay bale. The die cuts were made on my Silhouette machine and I taped it to a kabob stick and stuck it in the middle. Easy peasy!

Cowboy with lasso on horseback. (The bag behind it was filled with tortilla chips)
A close up of the boot. I used silver stickles on the spur to make it shine.

A cowboy on a bucking bull was on the food table.



Cowboy on a bronc horse with the wording 8 second ride.


The calf roping required two kabob sticks due to it being wide.



A close up shot if the details.



I can't wait until Fall to transform these hay bales into decorations for my porch! I love that I was able to use the die cuts as party decorations, as well as, wall decor for my son's room and the hay bales can be used again for decor during the Halloween/Thanksgiving season year after year.


No comments:

Post a Comment