Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Wrapped Chocolate Treats

In our church, we like to acknowledge all the mothers on Mother's Day with a flower. We also like to acknowledge those mom's with the most kids, youngest kid, most grandchildren etc.  Usually the pastor just has them stand up, but this year I thought it would be nice to present them with a little treat.  These are super easy & quick to make.

All you do is buy a package of Hershey's Nuggets.

Trim paper to 3in x 1.5 in. and 4in x 3.5 in.  Be sure to measure you treat bags, as they may be a different size, but basically make sure you have a quarter inch sticking over on each side.

Then you just apply adhesive to the smaller paper and wrap the candy.

Stick them into the clear treat bag.  I bought mine at Michael's.  50 bags for $2.99 w/o a coupon.

Take your lager piece of paper and fold in half, apply adhesive and stick on top of the treat bag.  See, I said it was super easy!

Then I took my 2in. flower shaped punch and punched out 16 flowers out of white cardstock and stamped with a Happy Mother's Day sentiment.  To adhear the punch out to the tag, I used a small pop dot, but you could also adhear it with 2-sided tap or adhesive.

Stick them in a basket and take to your event or in my case to church!  I also made a few extra to put into a gift box for my MOPS leaders next week, but used a stamp that says Thanks For Being You.  I will post more on that next week.  These would be great to use as baby/bridal shower favors, at a Mother & Daughter Tea or anything else you can think of.  All you do is change the paper and stamp sentiment.


No comments:

Post a Comment