Monday, July 9, 2012

Sidewalk Paint

Kids were bored and I was busy doing housework, so I had not time to entertain or take them any where. What to do?  Remember several posts on pinterest on making your own sidewalk paint!

I grabbed some cornstarch & food coloring out of my pantry and went to work.

Poured a couple of tablespoons of cornstarch into a few holes in my muffin pan and added some squirt of food coloring.  I only had the gel kind on hand, but obviously the liquid would work too (better in my opinion).

Than add a bit of water and stir.  The teal is completely stirred up and the yellow is a work in progress.

I made 6 different colors, which resulted in

my kids having over an hour of fun!  And of course, you realize this means mommy also had an hour of peace & quiet.   Ahhhhh!

It works just as well on paper, as it does
on the sidewalk.

The best part is it can all be cleaned up by the spray of a hose, which I will have the kids to do, allowing them to cool off in the hot summer sun and add another 30 minutes or so of peace for me.  Win, Win!

No comments:

Post a Comment